07 August, 2009

A Lot of Bull

Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherited the family ranch, but unfortunately, after just a few years, they were in financial trouble.
In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they needed to purchase a bull so that they could breed their own stock.

Since the brunette sister was more capable when it came to business it fell to her to arrange a purchase so she did.

When she was ready to leave and pick up the bull, the brunette told her sister, 'When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home.'

The brunette arrived at the man's ranch, inspected the bull, and decided she wanted to buy it. The man told her that he would sell it for $599, no less. The brunette was delighted because she had only taken $600 to buy the bull.

After paying him, she drove to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. She walked into the telegraph office, and said, 'I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home.'

The telegraph operator explained that he'll be glad to help her, then added, it will cost 99 cents a word.
Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette realized that she would only be able to send her sister one word.

After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and said, 'I want you to send her the word 'comfortable.'

The operator shook his head. 'How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word 'comfortable?'

The brunette explained,
'My sister's blonde.
The word is big.
She'll read it very slowly....
'come
-for
-da
-bull.'

No comments: